|Scholarship||Criteria||Due Date||Application Location|
|Pennsylvania JCI Senate Scholarship||The Pennsylvania JCI Senate annually sponsors a scholarship program for senior students who are residents of Pennsylvania and plan to continue their education at an accredited college, university or vocational school. We will be awarding two $750 scholarships this year. The applications of these two PA recipients will then be forwarded to the United States JCI Senate Foundation for consideration to receive an additional $1000 scholarship grant.
The US JCI Senate Foundation will also award up to five $1000 scholarships (nationwide) to students who are entering a vocational/industrial education program. From the applications we receive, the PA JCI Senate is able to submit one scholarship application for this category to the Foundation. The same application and submission requirements are used, except SAT/ACT scores are not required.
|January 14, 2022||www.usjcisenate.org
See Guidance for details.
|AFE (Amazon) Scholarship||This program offers a significant $40,000 college scholarship to students who intend to study computer science in college, plus guaranteed paid internship opportunities at Amazon.
· Students must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale (or its equivalent).
● Students must demonstrate financial need.
· Short Essay questions (1000 character limit including spaces)
● Solid teacher recommendation
● High school transcript
See link for more information!
|January 25, 2022||https://www.amazonfutureengineer.com/scholarship?utm_campaign=projectstem&utm_medium=scholarship&utm_source=curriculum|
|APIA Scholarship||The APIA Scholarship Program application must be completed online and submitted electronically once all of the required questions have been answered. You do not have to complete the online application in one sitting. Until you are ready to submit, you may access your application and edit your answers as many times as you like with your login from any computer with internet access. The application will be available for the 2021-2022 academic year from September 8, 2021 until January 26, 2022 at 5:00 PM EST.||January 26, 2022||https://apiascholars.org/scholarship/apia-scholarship/?SFMC_cid=EM190588-&rid=47525211
|Lehigh Valley Section of the Society of Women Engineers (SWE-LV)||Since 2001 a major focus of SWE-LV has been to distribute scholarships for high school senior women who intend to major in engineering at their respective college or university. Scholarship funds are provided by area businesses and all of the work for administration of the program is provided by SWE volunteers. Evaluation is based on academic achievement, extracurricular and leadership activities, an evaluation form, and an original essay. A one-time award of up to $5,000 can be granted to the successful applicants||January 30, 2022||http://lv.swe.org/scholarships.html
|PACAC Scholarship||Three students will be selected for the $1,000 PACAC Scholarship, and one student will be selected for the $1,500 Benjamin James Memorial Scholarship.
Please note the selection criteria:
• Student’s academic performance, financial need & commitment to cultural and intellectual diversity
• Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0, weighted or unweighted
• New this year: the PACAC Scholarship is test blind. Even if a student has test scores, they will not be reviewed or included in the assessment of a student’s application. The application form will not include a space to report test scores, and should scores be listed on a student’s transcript, they will not be considered by the reading committee.
At least one member of the secondary school counseling office, or community-based organization, must be a current PACAC member.
|February 1, 2022||https://www.pacac.org/pacac-scholarship
|PA Elk State Association||Open to students who are a child or grandchild of a living Elk member. Accepting students who are furthering their education.
|February 7, 2022||http://www.elks.org/enf/scholars/legacy/rules.cfm
|PSECU Scholarships||Eligibility Requirements
· You must be a PSECU member by December 31, 2021 to be eligible to apply for the 2022 scholarship. Individuals with a custodial account are eligible to apply. Please note that joint owners are not considered members.
· You must be a graduating senior attending a two- or four-year community college, college, or university. The college or university does not have to be in the commonwealth of Pennsylvania. Students attending a technical school are not eligible.
|February 28, 2022||https://www.psecu.com/scholarships|
|Jim Borden Memorial Scholarship||This scholarship is open to students attending or planning to attend a 4-year college or university with a major in Journalism, English Writing, or Communication and provides financial assistance of up to $7500 per year for up to four years.
Check the link for more information and requirements.
|February 28, 2022||https://tribtotalmedia.com/jim-borden-memorial-scholarship/
|Scholarship for Diversity in Media||The scholarship will award an exceptionally talented Journalism, Communication or English Writing high school senior who is culturally, ethnically, or racially diverse with financial assistance of up to $7500 per year for up to four years.||February 28, 2022||https://tribtotalmedia.com/scholarship-for-diversity-in-media/|
|Wayne-Pike County Farm Bureau Scholarship||The Wayne-Pike County Farm Bureau offers the “Agriculture, The Heart of a Growing Wayne- Pike County Scholarship to deserving high school seniors as a way to heighten a long-term interest in agriculture and its varied positive impacts in our area. The local Farm Bureau also hopes to promote student consideration of the growing field of agricultural career opportunities.||February 28, 2022||See Guidance for details.|
|Life Lessons Scholarship Fund||Over $200,000 is awarded annually through the non-profit organization, Life Happens. Life Happens created the Life Lessons Scholarship Fund for high school seniors who have lost a parent. The application requires the student to write an essay about how their life has been impacted with the loss of their parent. For more information click on the link.||Applications accepted between February 1 and March 1, 2022.||https://lifehappens.org/life-lessons-scholarship-program/|
|Hermine Solt Student Scholarship||Scholarships of $500 each will be offered to students who meet the requirements. The number of scholarships given will be determined annually.
|March 1, 2022||https://www.paeop.com/site/Default.aspx?PageID=71
|Northeastern Pennsylvania Council of Teachers of Mathematics: 2022 Blair E Caboot Memorial Scholarship||The NPCTM annually presents $750 scholarship to a deserving senior student from NEPA. Eligible applicants must attend school in one of the following counties: Bradford, Lackawanna, Luzerne, Monroe, Pike, Susquehanna, Sullivan, Wayne, Wyoming.
A transcript and recommendation letter from one of the student’s math teachers is required.
|March 4, 2022||www.npctm.org|
|The United Steelworkers Hugh Carcella Scholarship||An applicant must be the son, daughter, or legal ward of a member of the United Steelworkers, District 10. Total value $4000 ($1000 per year)||March 15, 2022||See Guidance for details.|
|Fraternal Order of Police (FOP) – Northeastern Lodge #63||FOP is proud to continue the tradition of awarding its $500.00 annual Scholarships to two eligible high school seniors who wish to pursue a career in the criminal justice field. This scholarship is open to any eligible high school senior who intends to pursue a career in law enforcement, either by majoring in criminal justice in college or entering the Act 120 municipal police academy.
· Any senior within the FOP Lodge #63 coverage (Lackawanna, Susquehanna, Wyoming, Pike, & Wayne Counties) is eligible
· Students must have good standing within respective community
· Students must have NO disciplinary problems in or out of school
· Students must have maintained 3.0 GPA or B average through their final two years of high school.
· Apply through Counselors!
|April 1, 2022||See Guidance for details.|
|Perry/Westgate Memorial Scholarship||· Scholarship amount is $1000.00
· Contest is open to Wayne County students only who are entering a two or four year college under an agricultural, conservation, or environmentally oriented college curriculum/major.
· No discrimination to race or sex.
· The scholarship is for one payment of $500 the first year of college and one payment of $500 the second year of college.
· One letter of reference must be included (Not from a teacher or family member)
· One page, double spaced essay describing future goals and objectives must be submitted with the student’s application.
· School counselor or Principal signature on application
|April 8, 2022||See Guidance for details.|
|Global Lift Equipment Scholarship||To be eligible for the Global Lift Equipment Scholarship ($500) a student must:
1) Be currently attending or planning on attending a post-secondary institution in the US or Canada by the Fall of 2021.
2) Submit a short story. Detailed instructions can be found on the application page.
3) Have a GPA of 2.5 or greater.
4) Be a resident of the United States or Canada.
|April 15, 2022||https://www.studentscholarships.org/college_scholarship_applications.php
|The Lackawaxen River Conservancy Scholarship||The Lackawaxen River Conservancy Scholarship is open to all college-bound twelfth-grade students who
· attend school in the Lackawaxen Watershed. (The high schools in the Lackawaxen Watershed are Honesdale H. S., Wallenpaupack Area H.S., Western Wayne H. S., and Canaan Christian Academy H. S.)
· intend to pursue a career supporting environmental conservation
· plan to major in college in a subject area that will lead to the achievement of this career goal.
The amount of the award is $500.
1. Completed student application
2. Essay discussing an environmental issue of concern to applicant and why.
3. School report and recommendation from counselor
4. Official transcript including GPA.
5. High school profile
6. Recommendation from a science teacher
Deadline: April 20, 2022
|April 20, 2022||See Guidance for details.|
|Disabled American Veterans (DAV) Chapter 114 Scholarship||– Senior’s name
– Name of their parent/grandparent that is a Disabled veteran (and branch of service ),
– High school’s name
– Name of intended college, university, trade school, or military plans, etc. and along with proposed major/specialty.
|April 25th||See Guidance for details|
|Lift Parts Express Scholarship||To be eligible for the Lift Parts Express Scholarship ($500) a student must:
1) A Current Senior in High school or
2) A Freshman or Sophomore in College/University
3) Be a legal resident of the United States or Canada
4) Enrolled or expected to be enrolled by the Fall of 2021
5) Submit a completed online application form prior to the deadline.
|April 30, 2022||https://www.studentscholarships.org/letter.php
|Wayne County Business & Professional Women Scholarship||The Wayne County Business and Professional Women are offering a total of 4 scholarships to a graduating student who plans on attending college or trade school.
· Proof of enrollment at college or vocational training program
· 2 letters of recommendation
· Certification and Release
· Completed Waiver request
|April 30, 2022||See Guidance for details.|
|PB&J Scholarship||The PB&J Scholarship is for students who have experienced personal challenges that may not have allowed them to perform well academically, but who still have the drive to succeed.
Examples of personal challenges include, but are not limited to:
When in doubt, students are encouraged to apply; this scholarship is meant to be inclusive.
|May 31, 2022||https://scholarsapp.com/scholarship/pbj-scholarship?utm_source=email&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=counselor_PBJ_Oct28
|American Legion Scholarships||Many different scholarships available||Check website for deadlines||https://www.legion.org/scholarships
|Discover Nursing||Open to seniors pursuing the field of nursing. Will help you find scholarships||Check website for deadlines||http://www.discovernursing.com/scholarships#levels=high-school
|Opportunity Scholarships – College Board||View more details on College Board website||varies||www.collegeboard.org
|Student Scholarships||A variety of scholarships are open to different grade levels.||Varies||www.studentscholarships.org|